Annual Financial Reports
Annual reports of certain financial and tax reporting information (Special Purpose District Financial and Tax Reporting) may be accessed at: https://comptroller.texas.gov/transparency/local/sb625/
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- There are no Local Government Officer Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Statements.
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (PDF)
The next election for Newport Municipal Utility District will be held on May 2, 2020.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- First day to file for place on May 2, 2020 general election ballot is January 15, 2020.
- Last day to file for place on May 2, 2020 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on February 14, 2020.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write in candidacy declaration for May 2, 2020 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on February 18, 2020.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
District Contact Information
The Contact Information for the District is:
Newport Municipal Utility District
c/o Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P.
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77019
The District’s E-mail address is email@example.com.
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail or hand deliver your request to Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P., 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019.