Name of the district (HB 1154)
Newport Municipal Utility District
Name and term of office for each board member (SB 2, HB 305, HB 1154)
Margarette Chasteen, Term Expires: 05/04/2024
DeLonne L. Johnson, Term Expires: 05/07/2022
Deborah L. Florus, Term Expires: 05/07/2022
Earl B Boykin, Term Expires: 05/07/2022
R. Gary Hasse, Term Expires: 05/04/2024
Contact information for main office of district (mailing and physical address, and phone number) (SB 2, HB 305, HB 1154)
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77019
Official contact information for each board member (SB 2, HB 1154)
Margarette Chasteen, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
DeLonne L. Johnson, Vice President, email@example.com
Deborah L. Florus, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Earl B. Boykin, Assistant Secretary, email@example.com
R. Gary Hasse, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
If applicable, the name of the general manager (HB 1154)
The name of the person representing the operator, including a mailing address and telephone number (HB 1154)
Professional Utility Services, Inc.
P. O. Box 1186, Crosby, TX 77532
Billing Office Location: 7702 FM 1960 East, Suite 100, Humble, TX 77346
Billing Phone Number: (281) 324-9803
The name of the person representing the tax assessor/collector, including mailing address and telephone number (HB 1154)
Assessments of the Southwest, Inc.
PO Box 1368, Friendswood, Texas 77549
Phone: (281) 482-0216
The rate of the ad valorem tax; (HB 1154)
If applicable, the sales and use tax rate; (HB 1154)
Any tax rate hearing notice; (HB 1154)
Location and schedule of meeting of the district (HB 1154)
The District generally meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 4:00 PM at the Galveston Room at 16401 Country Club Drive, Crosby, Texas 77532.
A statement that the residents have a right to request a designation of a meeting location within the district (HB 1154)
The Board’s regular meetings are held in the District at the Galveston Room at 16401 Country Club Drive, Crosby, Texas 77532. Nevertheless, under Texas law, the following information is required to be posted on the District’s website:
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/permitting/watersupply/districts/Form-20863.pdf.
Each meeting notice and minutes of meetings for the current year and the preceding 12 months (HB 305, HB 1154)
Financial Information (SB 2, HB 1154)
Annual reports of certain financial and tax reporting information (Special Purpose District Financial and Tax Reporting) may be accessed at: https://comptroller.texas.gov/transparency/local/sb625/
Conflict of Interest Disclosures (Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
- There are no Local Government Officer Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Statements.
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (PDF)
Election Information (HB 305)
The next election for Directors of the District is scheduled for May 7, 2022 at a location to be determined.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
- To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
- To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- First day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is Wednesday, 1/19/2022.
- Last day to file for place on May 7, 2022 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 2/18/2022.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write in candidacy declaration for May 7, 2022 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 2/22/2022.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to email@example.com or mail or hand deliver your request to Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P., 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019.
Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Board meetings are held at:
Community or Galveston Room
16401 Country Club Drive
Crosby, Texas 77532